The Dean’s Advisory Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee (DAC-DEI), is composed of faculty, staff, and students at UW Law. We meet regularly as a whole and in smaller subcommittees, to discuss issues of diversity, inclusivity and community at our school.
We advise the Dean on ways to promote diversity and create a welcoming school climate that is supportive of all students, faculty and staff, particularly those from underrepresented groups.
Taking input from our fellow students, staff and faculty, we pursue multiple avenues to support UW Law’s Diversity Statement and Diversity Plan, as well as our own initiatives within the school.
The Committee’s scope of work:
- Proactively promote, ensure and protect the community of UW Law.
- Encourage an inclusive learning environment.
- Improve the diversity discourse in our curriculum and academic activities.
- Review current challenges and expand opportunities in recruitment and retention of diverse students, faculty and staff.
- Foster better diversity dialogue through training and ongoing cultural competency education.
- Sellyna Ehlers (Co-chair)
- Lisa Castilleja (Co-chair)
- William Covington (Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion)