How to Register for an Externship
Registration for an externship is different from other courses. Students do not self-register and there are no add codes.
To request registration for an externship, please do the following by the posted deadlines:
- Complete the highlighted sections of the Individual Learning Agreement
- Email Individual Learning Agreement as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the externship host site and site supervisor are already approved, you will receive a link to the registration request webform. Otherwise, you will be notified that the prospective externship host site and site supervisor are pending approval. After registration requests are reviewed and approved, Academic Services will register the student for the externship and relevant seminar, if applicable.
Students must take an approved seminar concurrently in the following instances:
- In any quarter during which a student takes an externship of six (6) or more credits;
- If a student takes six (6) or more credits at the same externship site over multiple quarters; or
- If a student is taking C530 or C535.
The primary approved seminar is B567 General Externship Perspectives Seminar. Please check the course schedule for class times.
Credits earned for the seminar are in addition to those earned for hours worked at the externship host site, and they do not count toward the externship/non-law credit limit.