JD Career & Professional Development
The UW School of Law has maintained a consistently strong employment rate for its current and graduating students. Our graduates are advancing their careers in all areas of the law, including private firms, judicial clerkships and public service work.
With our integrated model of career services and student services, you will find a unique opportunity to align your academics and career path. From the very beginning, our coaches will help you identify your professional goals and explore the courses and experiential learning activities to get you there.
Student and Career Services will help you succeed by providing:
- Career coaching and academic advising
- Professional development resources
- Organized recruiting opportunities such as our on-campus interview program
- Electronic job-search tools
- Professional mentoring
- Participation in national and regional career fairs
- Judicial clerkship advising
- Networking opportunities to build professional relationships among attorneys, alumni and UW Law students
Experiential learning opportunities allow our students to gain practical experience and advance their careers. Through externships, students receive academic credit for work performed with judges, government agencies and public interest organizations.
Employment for Class of 2017
Employment by Type
14%Business & Industry
Career & Networking Calendar
See the full calendar of upcoming events.