Peer Reviewed Journals & Law Reviews
- Donald Clarke, "China's Legal System and the WTO: Prospects for Compliance," Washington University Global Studies Law Review, vol. 2, no. 1 (2003): 87-118.
- Donald Clarke, "China's New Partnership Law" (with Nicholas Howson and Gangliang Qiao), The China Business Review, July-August 1997): 9-15.
Books or Treatises
- Donald Clarke, Wrongs and Rights: A Human Rights Analysis of China's Revised Criminal Code (New York: Lawyers Committee for Human Rights, December 1998).
- Donald Clarke, Judicial Innovation in Chinese Corporate Law, in Legal Innovations in Asia: Judicial Lawmaking and the Influence of Comparative Law 259-72 (John O. Haley & Toshiko Takenaka eds., Edward Elgar Publishing, 2014).
- Donald Clarke, "China" (with Nicholas Howson and Lester Ross), in Insolvency & Restructuring 2003 (London: Law Business Research, 2003): Chapter 9.
- Donald Clarke, "Puzzling Observations in Chinese Law: When Is a Riddle Just a Mistake?" in C. Stephen Hsu (ed.), Understanding China's Legal system (New York: New York University Press, 2003): 93-121.
- Donald Clarke, "China" (with Lester Ross), in Insolvency & Restructuring 2002 (London: Law Business Research, 2002): 57-63 (Chapter 9).
- Donald Clarke, "Chûgokuhô kenkyû no apurôchi: 'hô no shihai' paradaimu wo koete" (Approaches to Chinese Law: Beyond the 'Rule of Law' Paradigm), Hikaku Hôgaku (Studies in Comparative Law), vol.34, no. 1 (2000): 73-91.
- Donald Clarke, "Zhongguo tudi shiyong guanli zi xia er shang de celue" (A Bottom-Up Strategy for Land Use Regulation in China), in Chi Fulin (ed.), Zouru 21 Shiji de Zhongguo Nongcun Tudi Zhidu Gaige (China's Rural Land System Reform Going Into the 21st Century) (Beijing: Zhongguo jingji chubanshe, 2000): 299-303.
- Donald Clarke, "Private Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in China," NBR Analysis, vol. 10, no. 2 (April 1999): 29-41.
- Donald Clarke, "Dispute Resolution in China: The Arbitration Option" (with Angela H. Davis), in Asia Law and Practice (ed.), China 2000: Emerging Investment, Funding and Advisory Opportunities for a New China (Hong Kong: Euromoney Publications (Jersey) Limited, 1999): 151-162.
- Donald Clarke, "China and the World Trade Organization," in Freshfields (ed.), Doing Business in China (Yonkers, N.Y.: Juris Publishing 1999): I-11.1 to I-11.30.
- Donald Clark, "Alternative Approaches to Chinese law: Beyond the 'Rule of Law' Paradigm," Waseda Proceedings of Comparative Law, vol. 2 (1998-1999): 49-62.