Peer Reviewed Journals & Law Reviews
- Joel M. Ngugi, Forgetting Lochner in the Journey from Plan to Market: The Framing Effect of the Market Rhetoric in Market-Oriented Reforms, 56 Buff. L. Rev. 1-97 (2008).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Promissory Estoppel: The Life History of an Ideal Legal Transplant, 41 U. Rich. L. Rev. 425-97 (2007).
- Joel M. Ngugi, The World Bank and the Ideology of Reform and Development in International Economic Development Discourse, 14 Cardozo J. Int'l & Comp. L. 313-45 (2006), reprinted in 3 Indonesian J. Int'l L. 316 (2006).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Policing Neo-Liberal Reforms: The Rule of Law as an Enabling and Restrictive Discourse, 26 U. Pa. J. Int'l Econ. L. 513-99 (2005).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Re-examining the Role of Private Property in Market Democracies: Problematic Ideological Issues Raised by Land Registration, 25 Mich. J. Int’l L. 467-527 (2004).
- Joel Ngugi, The Decolonization-Modernization Interface and the Plight of Indigenous Peoples in Post-Colonial Development Discourse in Africa, 20 Wis. Int'l L.J. 297-351 (2002).
- Joel Ngugi, Making New Wine for Old Wineskins: Can the Reform of International Law Emancipate the Third World in the Age of Globalization?, 8 U.C. Davis J. Int'l L. & Pol'y 73-106 (2002).
- Kristen Boon & Joel Ngugi, Post-Conflict and Institutions That Fall Short: The UN Mission in Kosovo, Hum. Rts. Dialogue, Winter 2001, at 15, 17.
- Joel M. Ngugi, The “Curse” of Ecological Interdependence: Africa, Climate Change and Social Justice, in Climate Change: A Reader 967-88 (William H. Rodgers, Jr. et al. eds., Carolina Academic Press 2011).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Book Review, 31 Fordham Int’l L.J. 596-602 (2008) (reviewing Obiora Chinedu Okafor, Legitimizing Human Rights NGOs: Lessons from Africa (2006)).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Making the Link Between Corruption and Human Rights: Promises and Perils, 104 Am. Soc'y Int'l L. Proc. 246-50 (2011).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Stalling Juristocracy While Deepening Judicial Independence in Kenya: Towards a Political Question Doctrine, in Reinforcing Judicial and Legal Institutions: Kenyan and Regional Perspectives (Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists 2007) (Judiciary Watch Series Vol. 5).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Introductory Remarks. Africa: A New Voices Panel, 101 Am. Soc'y Int'l L. Proc. 133-35 (2007).
- Joel Ngugi, The Scope of Journalistic Profession After the Randal Decision in ICTY, 2 Media World 14 (March 2003).
- Joel M. Ngugi, Op-Ed., Options for a Solution to the Post-Election Crisis, Daily Nation (Nairobi), Jan. 4, 2008.
- Joel M. Ngugi, Op-Ed., Demonising All Pre-Election Political Pacts Will Not Do, Daily Nation (Nairobi), Nov. 30, 2007.
- Joel Ngugi, Kenya Needs an Inclusive Leadership, East African Standard (Nairobi), Sept. 28, 2007.
- Joel Ngugi, The Search for a Perfect Constitution a Futile Effort, East African Standard, Sept. 8, 2005.
- Joel M. Ngugi, Leave Political Decisions to Politicians, Daily Nation (Nairobi), Aug. 16, 2005.
- Joel Ngugi, Banking Regulations May Be Key to Recovery in Kenya, East African Standard (Nairobi), Jan. 6, 2003.