Peer Reviewed Journals & Law Reviews
- Kate O’Neill, Copyright Law and the Management of J. D. Salinger’s Literary Estate, 31 Cardozo Arts & Ent. L. J. 19-44 (2012).
- Kate O’Neill, The Content of Their Characters: J.D. Salinger, Holden Caulfield, Frederick Colting, 59 J. Copyright Soc'y U.S.A. 291-345 (2012).
- Deborah Maranville, Kate O’Neill & Carolyn Plumb, Lessons for Legal Education from the Engineering Profession’s Experience with Outcomes-Based Accreditation, 38 Wm. Mitchell L. Rev. 1017-93 (2012).
- Kate O’Neill, “Should I Stay or Should I Go?”--Covenants Not to Compete in a Down Economy: A Proposal for Better Advocacy and Better Judicial Opinions, 6 Hastings Bus. L. J. 83-143 (2010).
- Kate O’Neill, Rhetoric Counts: What We Should Teach When We Teach Posner, 39 Seton Hall L. Rev. 507-57 (2009).
- Kate O'Neill, But Who Will Teach Legal Reasoning and Synthesis?, 4 J. Ass’n Legal Writing Directors 21-34 (2007).
- Kate O’Neill, Against Dicta: A Legal Method for Rescuing “Fair Use” from the “Right of First Publication,” 89 Cal. L. Rev. 369-458 (2001).
- Kate O’Neill, Adding an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Perspective to a Traditional Legal Writing Course, 50 Fla. L. Rev. 709-18 (1998).
- Kate O’Neill, Formalisms and Syllogisms: A Pragmatic Critique of Writing in Law School, 20 Legal Stud. F. 51-74 (1996).
Books or Treatises
- David Laskin & Kathleen O’Neill, The Little Girl Book: Everything You Need to Know to Raise a Daughter Today (Ballantine Books 1992, 1996). 287 pages.
- Kathleen O’Neill, Writer’s Guide to Copyright (2d ed. Poets and Writers, Inc. 1990). 63 pages.
- Kathleen O’Neill, Virgil’s The Aeneid (Barron’s 1984). 117 pages. (A study guide)
- Kate O’Neill, The Medi-Lab Case: A Negotiation Exercise for a Legal Writing Course, in Instructor’s Manual with Simulation and Problem Materials to Accompany Riskin & Westbrook Dispute Resolution and Lawyers, Second Edition, 1997 and Riskin & Westbook Dispute Resolution and Lawyers, Abridged Second Edition, 1998, at 282-94 (West Group 1998).
- Kate O’Neill, Using an “ADR” Perspective to Teach Introductory Case Analysis in a Legal Writing Class, in Instructor’s Manual with Simulation and Problem Materials to Accompany Riskin & Westbrook Dispute Resolution and Lawyers, Second Edition, 1997 and Riskin & Westbook Dispute Resolution and Lawyers, Abridged Second Edition, 1998, at 258-69 (West Group 1998).
- Kate O’Neill, Book Review, 11 Legal Comm. & Rhetoric: JAWLD 177-80 (2014)(reviewing Lawyer Poets and That World We Call Law (James R. Elkins ed. 2013).
- Kathleen (Kate) O’Neill, Book Review, 58 J. Legal Educ. 579-86 (2008) (reviewing Elizabeth Mertz, The Language of Law School: Learning to “Think like a Lawyer” (2007)).
- Kathleen O’Neill, Book Review, 15 N.Y.U. Rev. L. & Soc. Change 415-28 (1986-87) (reviewing Peter H. Schuck, Agent Orange on Trial: Mass Toxic Disasters in the Courts (1986)).