Peer Reviewed Journals & Law Reviews
- Karen E. Boxx, Community Property and Conflict of Laws: A Cacophony of Cases, 97 Tul. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2023).
- Karen E. Boxx & Philip N. Jones, Janus as a Client: Ethical Obligations When Your Client Plays Two Roles in One Fiduciary Estate, 44 ACTEC L.J. 223-56 (2019).
- Karen E. Boxx, Shakespeare in the Classroom: How an Annual Student Production of King Lear Adds Dimension to Teaching Trusts and Estates, 58 St. Louis U. L. J. 751-65 (2014).
- Karen E. Boxx & Katie S. Groblewski, Washington Trust Law’s Extreme Makeover: Blending with the Uniform Trust Code and Taking Reform Further with Innovations in Notice, Situs, and Representation, 88 Wash. L. Rev. 813-902 (2013).
- Karen E. Boxx & Terry W. Hammond, A Call for Standards: An Overview of the Current Status and Need for Guardian Standards of Conduct and Codes of Ethics, 2012 Utah L. Rev. 1207-73 (2012).
- Karen E. Boxx, Too Many Tiaras: Conflicting Fiduciary Duties in the Family-Owned Business Context, 49 Hous. L. Rev. 233-90 (2012), reprinted in 54 Corp. Prac. Commentator 669-729 (2012).
- Karen E. Boxx, Distinguishing Trustees and Protecting Beneficiaries: A Response to Professor Leslie, 27 Cardozo L. Rev. 2753-60 (2006).
- Karen E. Boxx, Community Property Across State Lines: Square Pegs and Round Holes, Prob. & Prop., Jan.-Feb. 2005, at 8-13.
- Karen E. Boxx, Of Punctilios and Paybacks: The Duty of Loyalty Under the Uniform Trust Code, 67 Mo. L. Rev. 279-307 (2002).
- Karen E. Boxx, The Durable Power of Attorney’s Place in the Family of Fiduciary Relationships, 36 Ga. L. Rev. 1-62 (2001).
- Karen E. Boxx, Gray’s Ghost -- A Conversation about the Onshore Trust, 85 Iowa L. Rev. 1195-1268 (2000).
Books or Treatises
- Commentaries on the Model Rules of Professional Conduct (Thomas Andrews & Karen Boxx co-reporters, 5th ed., Am. Coll. of Trust and Estate Counsel, 2016). 222 pages.
- Tom Andrews, Karen Boxx & Ann Murphy, Washington Community Property Deskbook (4th ed. Washington State Bar Association 2014). 1 vol.
- Siegel's Wills and Trusts: Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions and Answers (Karen E. Boxx rev., 5th ed., Aspen Publishers 2013). 263 pages.
- Roger W. Andersen & Karen E. Boxx, Skills & Values: Trusts and Estates (LexisNexis Matthew Bender 2009). 142 pages.
- Brian N. Siegel, Lazar Emanuel & Marsh C. Brilliant, Siegel's Wills and Trusts: Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions and Answers (Karen E. Boxx rev., Aspen Publishers 2009). 263 pages.
- WSBA Community Property Deskbook (Karen Boxx et al. eds., 3d ed. 2004).
- Samuel A. Donaldson & Karen Boxx, Basic Federal and State Tax Relevant to Estate Planning, in Washington Estate Planning Deskbook 5-1 to -55 (Thomas R. Andrews et al. eds., Washington State Bar Association 2005).
- Karen Boxx, Planning for Disability, Health Care, and Other End-of-Life Concerns, in Washington Estate Planning Deskbook 6-1 to -58 (Thomas R. Andrews et al. eds., Washington State Bar Association 2005).
- Karen E. Boxx, The Use of Joint Revocable Trusts for Unmarried Couples, Prac. Law., June 2015, at 53.
- Karen E. Boxx, Washington Recent Law Developments, in 41st Annual Estate Planning Seminar (Estate Planning Council of Portland, Inc., 2012). 22 pages.
- Karen E. Boxx, Revisions to the Durable Power of Attorney Statute, Recent and Proposed, Real Prop. Prob. & Trust (Wash. State Bar Ass'n), Winter/Spring 2002, at 6-8.