Peer Reviewed Journals & Law Reviews
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Nobody Knew How Complicated: Constraining the President’s Power to (Re)Shape Health Reform, 45 Am. J.L. & Med. 106-29 (2019).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Health Reform and Higher Ed: Campuses as Harbingers of Medicaid Universality and Medicare Commonality, 47 J.L. Med. & Ethics 79-90 (S4 2019).
- Amy Hagiopian, Deepa Rao, Aaron Katz, Sallie Sanford & Scott Barnhart, Anti-Homosexual Legislation and HIV-Related Stigma in African Nations: What Has Been the Role of PEPFAR?, 10 Global Health Action 1-10 (2017).
- Jeffrey Lane et al., Monitoring HIV and AIDS Related Policy Reform: A Road Map to Strengthen Policy Monitoring and Implementation of PEPFAR Partner Countries, PLOS One (Feb. 25, 2016).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Mind the Gap: Basic Health along the ACA's Coverage Continuum, 17 J. Health Care L. & Pol’y 101-27 (2014).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, The Struggle to Bury Pre-Existing Condition Consideration, 7 St. Louis U. J. Health L. & Pol'y 405-14 (2014).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Emergency Response: A Systemic Approach to Diaper Rash, Chest Pain, and Medicaid in the ED, 102 Ky. L.J. 441-70 (2013-14).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Designing Model Homes for the Changing Medical Neighborhood: A Multi-Payer Pilot Offers Lessons for ACO and PCMH Construction, 42 Seton Hall L. Rev. 1519-47 (2012).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Teaching Health Law in Rural Ethiopia: Using a PEPFAR Partnership Framework and India’s Shanbaug Decision to Shape a Course, 9 Ind. Health L. Rev. 487-501 (2012).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, What Scribner Wrought: How the Invention of Modern Dialysis Shaped Health Law and Policy, 13 Rich. J.L. & Pub. Int. 337-65 (2010).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Candor After Kadlec: Why, Despite the Fifth Circuit's Decision, Hospitals Should Anticipate an Expanded Obligation to Disclose Risky Physician Behavior, 1 Drexel L. Rev. 398-438 (2009).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, On One Condition: At a Bed-Side Hearing, The Judge's Role Goes Beyond Issuing a Decision, 48 Judges J. 33-35 (2009).
- "The Kadlec Case: Law, Theory and Practice Converge in Support of a Duty of Greater Candor in Physician Credentialing," (in draft).
- Comment, Pretrial Access Rights: The Operation III-Wind Cases, 43 Fed. Comm. L.J. 79 (1990).
Books or Treatises
- J. Stuart Showalter & Sallie Thieme Sanford, The Law of Healthcare Administration (10th ed., Health Admin. Press 2023). 663 pages.
- Sallie Thieme Sanford & Lisa A. Vincler, Academic Freedom and Proprietary Information, in The IACUC Handbook 365-84 (Jerald Silverman, Mark A. Suckow & Sreekant Murthy eds., CRC Press 2000).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Health Care's Fraternal Twins at 50: The Birth and Development of Medicare and Medicaid, Jurist (Nov. 1, 2015, 7:03 PM).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, King v. Burwell: ACA Destruction Denied, ACA Expansion Enabled, Jurist (Oct. 28, 2015, 9:36 AM).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, Unexpected Twists in the Affordable Care Act Decision, Jurist (July 13, 2012, 12:40 PM).
- Sallie Sanford, Understanding the Health Care Reform Litigation, Jurist (Feb. 16, 2012, 9:00 AM).
- Sallie Sanford, The Impact of a "Middle-Management" Health Care Ruling, Jurist (July 5, 2011, 3:00 PM) .
- Sallie Sanford, Is Health Care Reform Constitutional?, Jurist (Apr. 21, 2010, 8:01 AM).
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, A Black Robe and Healing Words: Constants in a Changing World, Judges J., Winter 2009, at 33-34.
- Sallie Thieme Sanford, “Outward Bound: Do Food Allergies Keep Your Family Close to Home? It’s Time to Venture Forth,” Living Without, Vol. 11, No. 4 (June/July 2008).
- Lisa A. Vincler and Sallie Thieme Sanford, eds. "Special Consents" chapter of Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys’ Manual on Health Law (1999).
- Cindy Howey and Sallie Thieme Sanford, Washington State annotations and legal discussion for "Decision-Making for Incompetent Patients" chapter of The Health Law Practice Guide, National Health Lawyers Association [now the American Health Law Association] (1998).