UW Law’s Student and Career Services is now the Center for Career Development
UW Law’s Student and Career Services, the office that provides support and guidance to law students as they explore their professional goals, has changed its name. It is now the Center for Career Development.
“This name is more reflective of our core mission: to provide holistic services to students and alumni focused on career exploration, job search strategies and skills, and long-term professional development,” said Erin Lloyd, assistant dean for the Center for Career Development. “Coaches in our office craft programs, execute events, and meet with students one-on-one to support them through each phase of their career development.”
The center also will continue to help students build connections with the legal community and potential employers, as well as obtain the hands-on legal experience they need to pursue the career they want.
The center helps students succeed by providing:
- Career coaching and interview preparation
- Professional development resources and training
- Job search and recruiting resources, including our On Campus Interview (OCI) Program and electronic job-search tools
- Networking opportunities, including mentorship programs, to build professional relationships with attorneys, alumni and UW Law students
- Public service training, support and opportunities through the William H. Gates Public Service Law Program, the hub for public service and public interest law at UW Law
Meet the team
Erin Lloyd, Assistant Dean for the Center for Career Development
Yesenia Gutierrez, Director of Professional Development
Lauren McElroy, Assistant Director of Professional Development
Travis Pietila, Assistant Director of the William H. Gates Public Service Law Program
Ann Spangler, Administrative Assistant, William H. Gates Public Service Law Program
Get in touch
Current law students can access support from the center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 206.543.9097 or visiting the center in Room 346. Students can also schedule an appointment with one of our career coaches online through 12Twenty.