As this year's resilient degree candidates set sights on their bright futures ahead, members of the Class of 2021 from this year’s J.D., LL.M., M.J. and Ph.D. programs share their stories.
May 2021 Newsletter
News & Highlights
In a case of first impression before the Washington Supreme Court, the team fought to end unjust confinement conditions for its 78-year-old incarcerated client.
Show your support for a class unlike any other with these all-new, Commencement-themed virtual wallpapers
Students worked a total of 271 cases, saving taxpayers over $800,000 and procuring refunds of more than $125,000.
Guest: Enoka Herat, Police Practices & Immigration Counsel, ACLU of Washington
In the Media
The latest news stories featuring faculty, students and alumni:
- Can Trump Run for President from Prison? (Lisa Manheim; Source: Slate)
- How Using Videos At Chauvin Trial And Others Impacts Criminal Justice (Mary Fan; Source: NPR)
- Bill and Melinda Gates' Separation Agreement is Different From a Prenup (Terry Price; Source: Business Insider)
Featured scholarly work by UW Law faculty:
- Climate Finance and the Marshall Islands: Options for Adaptation | Lauren Sancken and Shweta Jayawardhan, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, 2021
- The Automated Administrative State: A Crisis of Legitimacy | Ryan Calo, Emory Law Journal, Vol. 70
- 'Unconstitutional Beyond a Reasonable Doubt' – A Misleading Mantra that Should Be Gone for Good | Hugh Spitzer, Washington Law Review Online, Vol. 96
Sign up to attend these upcoming virtual events:
- 2021 Commencement | June 6, 2021
Celebrate the Class of 2021 this Sunday starting at 7 p.m. PDT.
- Tax LL.M. Information Session | June 10, 2021
Learn about the program's courses, faculty, environment and opportunities.
- Master of Jurisprudence Information Session | June 16, 2021
Non-lawyers seeking a deeper knowledge of the law are invited to attend.